Copyright © 2015, The Salcombe Boatstore Ltd . All rights reserved
The Salcombe Boatstore
Tel: 01548 843708
Fax: 01548 842708
Follow on Social Media
Keep up to date with the latest Boatstore News on Social Media.
Salcombe Yawl #164, Morrison 3 built by Mike Atfield in 2000.
Stored under cover. Includes sails and road trailer.
I acquired the boat from Mike Peake in 2007. It was previously called Bellbird. Since then there has been a steady programme of refurbishment and upgrading to get the hull and fittings upto the latest thinking on the newest boats.
The boat has had very little use, in part because I am not in Salcombe very often and partly because I have had another larger boat here in Scotland which has been campaigned intensively upto last year.
We have done regatta week twice and 2 -
She is stored under cover at Stones Boatyard in their purpose built facilities, and maintained by them. The decks have been spray varnished this winter and the boat is completely ready for the water.
There is a space in the Shadycombe Boat Park for summer 2012 which could be available.
• Built by Mike Atfield 2001
• Morrison Mk III
• Racing certificate
• Bronze centreplate with winch
• Completely stripped and spray painted by Stones in Awlgrip system, mid blue topsides, white bottom with teflon
• Decks modified by Stone in 2008 and now feature white spruce gunwhales
• Inlaid Tufnol protection on all rubbing points
• All controls led to sidedecks (kicker/ outhaul/ cunningham/ mizzen/ jib tension)
• Ball bearing blocks throughout – mainly Harken
• Cascade kicker
• 4: 1 purchase on jib halliard
• Jib fairleads were refiited when the decks were modified, to the latest narrow sheeting angle, with a single b/b block on 2 adjustable dyneema strops led thru tufnol reinforced holes in the deck – very clean, simple and flexible
• Main halyard lock
• Fully adjustable toestraps
• Pinnell and Bax Main (2008, little use)
• Pinnell and Bax jib (2008, little use)
• Pinnell and Bax mizzen (2008, little use)
• North Jib (2004)
• Relling Main
• Relling jib
• Alsop Main Sail (2000)
• Alsop Jib (2000)
• Alsop mizzen
• Plus others, I believe, in store at Stones. Cover, Trailer and Trolley
• Canvas cover
• Combi trailer and trolley, trolley fitted with full hull fibreglass cradle
Y165 Blue Legged Booby